“Mone check li lor internet”
“Mone check li online”
I know it means the same thing but to me, personally, saying “mone check li lor internet” translates to:
- I just found out about this internet thingy and my mind is still processing the awesomeness of what internet is. WOW!, or
- Did you know you can find anything on the Internet? I mean absolutely everything (all said with wide eyes), or
- simply “NOOB ALERT!”
Then, “mone check li online”, either means:
- I spend my free time online. I’m not a geek, but it’s okay if you think I’m one, or
- Being connected online is the best thing since sliced bread, or
- Hey, I was practically born on a keyboard and you bet I type faster than you and with one eye closed too! Beat that!
Somehow, my brain is stuck in gear when someone I know say, “I saw it on the internet…you wouldn’t believe the things I saw there…you gotta “check li lor internet…”
Which one would you rather use??